PROCEDURES FOR VENDOR REGISTRATION
- The Contractor pays a non-refundable fee of $25.00 +VAT to WASA's Cashier.
- Receipt must be brought to the Supplies Management Department,
Head Office, Farm Road, St. Joseph.
A clerk will copy and record the potential contractor information and a registration package is given to the contractor to be completed and returned.
- On return of the registration package, a clerk will verify that all the relevant information is submitted.
- If all information is submitted a clerk creates a file and a number is assigned and the information is entered on the Supplier Registration Data Base and an acknowledgement letter is sent to the contractor.
- Acknowledgement letters are in two forms:
- Acknowledgement with a 6 months hold for services/goods that are over subscribed
- Site Visits are set up with a team of personnel, which includes individuals from Supplies Management Unit and from the User Department for that particular service.
- After the site visit is conducted, the file is sent to the Certification Committee for approval and subsequent signatures.
- After all signatures from the Certification Committee are acquired, it is sent to the Registration Committee for approval and signature.
- If approved a memo is sent to the Finance Department- Account Payable Section for assignment of a vendor number.
- If not approved, a letter is sent to the contractor stating non-approval.
- After the assignment of a vendor number, an approval letter is sent to the contractor indicating the services /goods registered and their vendor number.
- All the contractor information is now put on to our VBMS.