PROCEDURES FOR VISITS TO RESERVOIRS/TREATMENT PLANTS
- Address your request in writing to the Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications, Public Education Unit.
- At least two (2) weeks notice must be given in advance of intended visit
- Include the following information:
- The facility you wish to visit.
- Date and time of the proposed visit.
- The number of persons in the group.
- The purpose of the visit.
- A contact name and phone number.
- Signature of sender.
- You will be contacted regarding the status of your request
- If approved, you will be required to make your payment and collect the necessary tickets/ passes.
- Tickets/ passes cost $10.00 per adult i.e. $8.69 +VAT and $5.00 for children under 12, i.e. $4.35 + VAT.
- Passes to reservoirs and treatment plants must be presented at the gate and such presentation implies acceptance of the following conditions:
- Visitors are required to wear whole shoes, preferably sneakers. Slippers are not permitted.
- For safety reasons, the use of jewellery is NOT permitted.
- Visitors must obey all instructions given by any official, including those instructions posted on signboards. They must also keep within the permitted areas.
- Vehicles must be parked in the allotted parking areas.
- Care should be exercised while driving along access roads, since anyone proceeding along the said access roads does so at his/her own risk.
- Visitors are required to stay a safe distance away from the water and are not allowed to bathe at any of our intakes.
- Visitors are prohibited from starting fires, except at the facilities where pits are provided, in which case fires must be confined to the designated areas.
- Litter must not be left on the premises. Bring along your GARBAGE BAGS.
- Flora and Fauna are there to protect and enhance the environment and must be preserved. They may only be taken away if a Special Game Licence/Permit has been obtained from the Wildlife Section, Forestry Division, Ministry of Agriculture.
- The Water and Sewerage Authority does not accept any liability arising from any action, accident or similar acts which may result as a consequence of a visit to any of its Installations. Any such responsibility rests solely with VISITORS.
- Please note that visitors must adhere strictly to the stated departure time.